Rodrigo J. Velasco-Guillen, M. Sc. – Research Associate
M.Sc. Rodrigo J. Velasco-Guillen
Since March 2021, Rodrigo J. Velasco-Guillen is a doctoral candidate at the chair of Autonomous Systems at the Departments Electrical Engineering of FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg. He started his candidacy in May of 2019 at TU Dortmund in the Elastic Lightweight Robotics of Prof. Dr. Ing. Philipp Beckerle. He is currently working on the DFG funded project “Fault diagnosis and tolerance for elastic actuation systems in robotics: physical human-robot interaction”.
Rodrigo J. Velasco-Guillen received his Bachelor’s degree in Mechatronic Engineering from Universidad Don Bosco (El Salvador) in 2014 and his Master’s degree in Robotics and Automation majoring in Robotics at TU Dortmund in 2018. He did his master thesis in Online trajectory optimization for pick and place tasks for a collaborative robot.
Research interest: human-robot interaction, elastic actuators, fault-tolerant control, collaborative robots
- Velasco-Guillen, R.J., Schofer, F., Bliek, A., & Beckerle, P. (2023, October). Exploring the Just Noticeable Interaction Stiffness Differences of an Impedance-Controlled Series Elastic Actuator. Actuators 12, no. 10: 378.
- Velasco-Guillen, R. J., Grosu, V., Vanderborght, B., Font-Llagunes, J. M., & Beckerle, P. (2022, August). Experimental Evaluation of a Stiffness-Fault-Tolerant Control Strategy on an Elastic Actuator for Wearable Robotics. In 2022 9th IEEE RAS/EMBS International Conference for Biomedical Robotics and Biomechatronics (BioRob) (pp. 1-6). IEEE.
- Velasco-Guillen, R. J., Furnémont, R., Verstraten, T., & Beckerle, P. (2022, July). A Stiffness-Fault-Tolerant Control Strategy for a Redundant Elastic Actuator. In 2022 IEEE/ASME International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics (AIM) (pp. 1360-1365). IEEE.
- Krämer, M., Velasco-Guillen, R. J., Beckerle, P., & Bertram, T. (2021, July). Comparing online robot joint space trajectory optimization for task space applications. In 2021 IEEE/ASME International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics (AIM) (pp. 223-230). IEEE.
- Velasco-Guillen, R.J., Grosu, V., Carmona-Ortiz, V.A., Vanderborght, B., Lefeber, D., Font-Llagunes, J.M. and Beckerle, P., A Stiffness-Fault-Tolerant Control Strategy for an Elastically Actuated Powered Knee Orthosis. In 2020 8th IEEE RAS/EMBS International Conference for Biomedical Robotics and Biomechatronics (BioRob) (pp. 660-665). IEEE.